Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still Around

It's been a while since I posted. Actually the recent developments - the economy, 26/11 (incidentally my birthday), the Satyam fiasco, the pressure at work for both self and the hubby and the consequent fears have really fueled by worry genes. And being a chronic worrier, it is so easy to take off.
Perhaps my greatest fear is losing my home due to my inability to pay my EMIs...I mean we haven't borrowed more than we can afford to and stuff like that...but the fear factor is just there because of the overall negativity.
An when fear and insecurity levels are high my envy levels too go up and the people I envy the most are those who have some kind of parental security to fall back on . I mean, it sounds alright to say and think that I will 'make it on my own ' but then when you are left high and dry for no fault of your own , it's nice to have a safety net both economical and emotional to fall back on...while you gather the pieces and make an attempt to move on with your life. I feel really unfortunate that both the hubby and I lack that.
I know that my thinking is that of a ultimate loser and the reason that I am posting it here as that I need some support to puch these thoughts out of system. So help me guys !!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

take off the blue font pls! makes it difficult to read!

Anonymous said...

omg u just reminded me!!! a friend of mine has his birthday on the same day .. 26/11 ... i had not wished him this year for reasons u are aware of!! had completely forgotten. should drop him an email now. :P

totally hear ya on the eco and emotional safety net. there've been times when me and husband have discussed that too .... oh well ... gotta live on!! :)

Sucharita Sarkar said...

I share your fears and envies. It must definitely be nice to have a parental back-up esp. in these troubled times.

teahouse said...

Hey, trying to read your post, but within 5 seconds my eyes started to hurt! I think the gist of it is that things are stressful for you. Hope they get better!

The Weekend Blogger said...

I'll change the colour of the font. I accidentally ended uo with "blue".Maybe it was becasue of my mood !

Unknown said...

I so agree. Joy and I are going thru the same scenario now...big time insecurity abt our jobs and the EMIs that we have to pay and not to forget the other innumerable expenses...Its like you read my thoughts...:))

Thinking Cramps said...

Hey, I had almost given up checkling your blog - good to know that you are still writing. I can understand your worries - seriously, it's hard to keep calm in these times. The last time these things happened we were all students or just starting out in life so it didn't affect us.

Fingers crossed that things stabilize soon. All the best!